Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, Fort Wayne, Indiana
"Because Lee Konitz is being the father for a brand new baby, and at the moment he is suffering terribly, we are switching the thing to a baritone solo by Boots Mussulli." Was Konitz on the gig, but suffering too much to solo? Or was he absent, and if so, who played his book? More than likely he was not present, as his solo spot in Francesca is just an empty hole.
1. Francesca (Sherman Feller) arr. by Pete Rugolo solo: Rosolino (tb) "This next composition is so difficult for me to introduce because it was written by an alto saxophone player that was once in this orchestra and now he's in the army."
2. Solo For Alto (Lennie Niehaus) arr. by Lennie Niehaus solos: Mussulli (bs) Candoli (tp)
3. What’s New? (Bob Haggart & Johnny Burke) arr. by Shorty Rogers solo: Ferguson (tp)
4. Minor Riff (Pete Rugolo & Stan Kenton) arr. by Pete Rugolo solos: Childers (tp) Kamuca (ts) Rosolino (tb) Candoli (tp)
5. Taboo (Margarita Lecuona & Bob Russell) arr. by Johnny Richards solos: Rosolino (tb) Salvador (g) Dean (as) Candoli (tp) Levey (d)
6. Artistry In Rhythm (Stan Kenton) arr. by Stan Kenton
Vinnie Dean ?
Bill Holman Richie Kamuca
Buddy Childers Maynard Ferguson Conte Candoli Don Dennis Ruben McFall
Bob Burgess Bill Russo Frank Rosolino Keith Moon George Roberts (b-tb)